26th May 2016
NSW Small Business Grant
A year ago the NSW State Government announced a great incentive designed to support small business, create jobs and stimulate the economy.
In short, eligible businesses are able to receive a grant of up to $2,000 upon the 1 year anniversary of hiring new employees (full-time, part-time and casual) from 01 July 2015. In the case of part-time and casual employees the grant will be pro-rated.
The grant is payable as a lump sum after the 1 year anniversary of employment provided the increase in the number of employees has been maintained.
To be eligible for the grant:
– the employer must not have a payroll tax liability in any financial year of the initial 12 month employment period
– the employer must have an active ABN
– the services of the new employee are performed wholly or mainly in NSW
– the person is employed in a position that is a new job
– the employment commences on or after 01 July 2015 and before 01 July 2019
– the employment is maintained for a period of 12 months
– the number of NSW FTE employees, prior to creating a new position increases and is maintained over a 12 month period
Application for registration
– Employers are required to register their business and the employment of a person online and advise the number of NSW FTE employees immediately before the position was filled. When claiming the grant the OSR will require supporting evidence including wage records, Business Activity Statements and Workcover records.
How can we help?
If you believe you may be eligible for the grant and haven’t registered your new job with the NSW OSR then we can certainly assist and provide a package tailored to the number of new FTEs as we approach their 1 year anniversary. Give us a call on (02) 96066749 to get the process started.